Friday, August 1, 2008
I love fungi
I was sitting outside in our garden and leaned back on the bench and looked over at mom's plant that was next to me, wondering if she had put coffee grounds in the soil lately when I found something very different. A giant fungus! I first saw it a couple of days ago and today, it's even bigger. It reminds me of the fungi that I often see on hikes in Costa Rica and I always think they look like something that belongs underwater - like a beautiful piece of coral. This one just developed it's caps in the last 24 hours. Too bad it's not bright red or orange or blue...I have seen some like that...but in a forest, not in our potted plant. But this is a start!



Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Great pics. Any idea whether the fungi are poisonous?
Also...I really like the 'spanish word of the day' function. Good tasting and good for you!
Earlier comment was mine. I don't really remember how my name became 'blah-g'...
Post a Comment